Recipe of the Month
Mushroom Risotto, with Smoked Chicken, Pine Nuts & Truffle Oil
- 3oz of assorted fresh mushrooms, roughly cut in similar-sized pieces (Paris Brown, Button, oyster mushrooms or Dried Mushroom that are rehydrated)
- 1oz of unsalted butter
- Large Tablespoon of Crème Fraiche
- 1 Smoked Chicken Breast, small cubes
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 4oz of Arborio risotto rice
- ½ Cup of white wine
- Pint of vegetable stock, plus more if needed
- Olive oil
- Parmesan, or vegetarian alternative, grated
- Truffle oil
- Pine Nuts, lightly toasted and Salted
- 8-12 Leafs of Fresh Rockette
- Seasoning - salt & black pepper, freshly ground
To begin the risotto, use the butter with little oil to fry the mushrooms in a saucepan until light brown in colour.
In a separate pan Sweat the shallot and garlic and cook until soft and transparent, pour in the wine and reduce volume by 3/4. Once reduced add rice and gradually add vegetable stock. Cook until small bite remains and rice is not too soft.
Add Smoked Chicken, Mushrooms and season with salt and freshly milled pepper, add a large table spoon of crème fraiche and stir gently(be careful not to break up chicken pieces)(more stock can be added to give a loose consistency)
Move to an appropriate vessel, bowls are best, and garnish with parmesan cheese, pine nuts, rockette, truffle oil and serve.
Our chefs at the Cally Palace, led by Jamie Muirhead use the freshest local produce to create the tempting meals served in our restaurant. All meals are complimented by an extensive wine list.
Our Dining Room is a more formal and elegant room in which to enjoy a relaxing dinner, choosing from our 4 course evening menu which changes daily.
Our Conservatory offers a more informal dining option and is open every day serving a selections delicious snacks & sweet treats throughout the day.
4 Course Dinner - £32.50
Afternoon Tea - £15.95
Sparkling Afternoon Tea - £18.95