3+ Night Break
Enjoy a 3 night break
3+ Night Stay & Play
Enjoy a 3+ night golf break
2 Night Break
Enjoy a 2 night break
2 Night Stay & Play
Enjoy a 2 night golf break in Dumfries & Galloway.
Update from McMillan Hotels - 20th March 2020
Like the rest of the country, we find ourselves in uncharted waters. Our absolute priority is the health and well-being of our guests and staff and we take our responsibility to support the government’s advice seriously.
We have therefore made the decision to temporarily close Fernhill Hotel from Sunday 22nd March.
In addition to this all bars, restaurants and leisure facilities at both North West Castle and the Cally Palace Hotel & Golf Course are now closed. At present, we are still honouring existing bookings and taking new bookings at both of these hotels with meals served on a room service basis only. North West Castle is also running a takeaway menu.
However, given the ever changing position, we are taking each day as it comes and we will continue to keep you updated by email, through our website and on Instagram and Facebook.
If you have any questions or need to discuss anything at all, please contact our reception team on the numbers below. They are open every day from 9am to 5pm, but please bear with us as we are currently very busy.
We would like to thank all our staff for their hard work, support and understanding during these tough times, they have been truly remarkable.
We would also like to thank all our customers for their good wishes and support during this difficult time. We can’t wait to welcome you all back to McMillan Hotels.
With best wishes
The McMillan Family
North West Castle | t: 01776 704413 | e: hotel @northwestcastle.co.uk
Cally Palace Hotel & Golf Course | t: 01557 814341 | firstname.lastname@example.org
A Message from McMillan Hotels
In these uncertain times, we wish to reassure all of our guests that we are taking significant measures to firstly ensure that our hotels are a safe place to visit and secondly to be flexible with reservations. As the situation around Coronavirus evolves, we will update you with our plans to help keep our guests and staff safe and healthy.
The safety of our guests and staff remains our highest priority. We take great pride in maintaining meticulous standards of cleanliness and hygiene throughout all 3 of our hotels. In response to the Coronavirus, we have taken additional measures to ensure cleaning and hygiene protocols are even more rigorous:
- All staff are required to thoroughly wash their hands on arrival at work and hourly throughout their shift as well as when entering food preparation areas.
- Alcohol gel is available at reception and at the entrances to our restaurants and bars for the use of guests and staff.
- Increased frequency of cleaning of public areas (including lifts, door handles, switches, phones, payment machines, public bathrooms etc.). We continue to use appropriate and effective cleaning products throughout the hotels.
- We will continue to adjust food and beverage service in accordance with current food safety recommendations. For now, we are no longer offering a buffet breakfast service.
- As one of the symptoms of Coronavirus is fever, all our staff are testing their temperature with a no touch thermometer on arrival at work and will be sent home and referred to NHS 111 if their temperature is elevated.
- A thermometer is available in each hotel should a guest wish to test their own temperature.
- Restaurant staff have been trained and briefed with updated hygiene guidance.
- Menus are no longer shared.
- Tableware and glassware are sterilised (as always) in our industrial dish washing machines.
- Delivery personnel are no longer permitted to enter our hotels.
- In the hotel bedrooms - we already try to ensure that our bedrooms are the cleanest but from now on, even more effort will be dedicated to rooms where guests have checked out to minimise the risk to arriving guests. These additional procedures will include: Disinfection treatment of all switches, remote controls, door and cupboard handles, telephones etc. Disinfection treatment of all surfaces. Disinfection of bathrooms.
- All hotel table linen, bed linen and towels are now washed to incorporate higher temperatures and amended chemical dosing. This will ensure that all items are washed in accordance with NHS infection control guidelines for a healthcare environment.
- Hotel staff are receiving ongoing regular briefings from management.
Given these unique circumstances and to provide you with extra peace of mind, we are committed to offering flexible booking options. We will allow existing reservation up to 30th April (this date may be extended), even those described as non-refundable, to be changed to an alternative date up to 24 hours before arrival.
With best wishes,
The McMillan Family